Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Best Attraction in Orlando

A week ago, we headed up to Orlando to go to the temple.

June was less than thrilled to be in a car seat for a large part of the day.  I told her, "June we will be in the car for a few hours on Saturday."



And then she said, "Say what?"



And then I told her we were going to Orlando.  She naturally assumed we were going to Disney World.

Then I explained that we were not going to Disney World.


She didn't take that news so well either.

We planned to leave the house at 5:45 a.m., so naturally we were on the road at 7:30.  The road up to Orlando proved to be every child's dream come true.  We passed by exits for Dinosaur World, Busch Gardens, Universal Studios, including this little-known new park, and of course, Disney World.  Did we mention that we would love to have you come visit?  We are pretty boring, but it seems that this area offers a little something to do.  Just a thought.

After all of the exits leading to the various Disney World parks, we found the exit to the temple.

And it was the best attraction of all.






While Daniel was in the temple, June and I did some exploring.  The area was beautiful.








This lake was right behind the temple.  People may complain about the humidity in Florida, but I say it is worth it.  I have never lived in such a beautiful place!


There were some fancy neighborhoods nearby, so we took a gander.




I drove through some really great neighborhoods.  Many of the residents were staring at me like my 2001 front bumper-less Honda didn't belong there.  The icing on the cake was when I couldn't figure out how to get out of one of the beautiful neighborhoods.  There must have been a big party going on because there were cars lined up and down the streets, and I couldn't turn around anywhere.  I finally attempted completing a 384237 point turn and accidentally farmed some person's beautiful lawn.  Take that, One Percent-ers!  (By the way, I wouldn't mind being you one day.)

When Daniel was done, I went to the temple.  It was exactly what I needed.  I left there feeling better than ever about our decision to move to Florida.  Daniel felt the exact same way.  I think it really rejuvenated us, and we are excited to go back.  What a huge blessing temples are.

After we both finished, we went to eat at a Chinese restaurant. 


The son of the owners really took a liking to June.  He sat next to her and watched her our entire meal.  He saw that she had no shoes on, so he took his off too.  When we were leaving, he leaned his head over inside her car seat to give her a kiss, and he knocked his noggin against the car seat handle, causing quite the goose egg on his head.  Love hurts, buddy.


It was a great day.









3 comments:

  1. Love this. I am so glad you guys are enjoying Florida. It makes a huge difference when you feel secure and happy somewhere. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you drove past all the fun activity exits? sounds like a beck family adventure.

    ReplyDelete