Tuesday, January 29, 2013

And Now For Something Really Important . . .

How often do you wash your hair?

I am a sweater. 


Allow me to clarify.

Not a---



(though I wish it were in my closet in case Florida ever has a real winter.  Here's hoping it doesn't.)

But a--








A sweat-er.  One who sweats.

I love Florida!  It is in the 70s or 80s everyday.  I do NOT like cold weather, so this is the perfect place for me.  However, I do sweat pretty much everyday.

So my deep question of the day is--do you sweat?  And how do you cope with said sweatiness?  Do you wash your hair everyday?  Do you use baby powder or dry shampoo to soak up the grease?  Does your hair cover it up well?

I realize that this is a weird question for January--most people are cold.  But think to summer and let me know.

Leave a thought if you would like.  I'm always interested in the tips of others.

4 comments:

  1. What is sweat?



    I am the sweatiest sweat-er that ever sweated. Actually my cousin has me beat. I hate sweating. I hate exercising. I hate hot showers if my house isn't freezing, because I'll continue to sweat after a shower. I'm super cranky when I'm sweaty. I'm super cranky right now just thinking about sweating.

    I wash my hair 2-3x/week. If my hair is extra greasy, baby powder is awesome. My hair is thick and coarse and covers it well. In the summer, I shower more when I'm sweating more.

    I was so hot in our company retreat yesterday, that I drove home from BYU with my windows down the whole time. It was 30 degrees or so, 60 mph, 20 minute commute. I finally was smiling when I was home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say shower! I too sweat profusely and have fine hair even though I have a lot more of it than you and I love to shower. I didn't wash my hair today and it has been a looooong day. I even love to wash my hair twice a day when I have good reason. I just have one requirement. I buy nice shampoo. It makes it so my hair still feels nice with frequent washing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wash my hair every day. If I don't, it turns into a greasy, greasy mess! I've tried using baby powder, but since my hair is so dark, it looks like I tried to give myself gray hair, ie - I look absolutely ridiculous. And this is after a whole summer of trying to figure out the perfect hair to baby powder ratio. Shower. Often. One thing I did try that helps in a pinch is the spray-on dry shampoo. I got to where I could use that once a week or so. It worked ok. I'm always amazed at people who have hair that doesn't immediately turn greasy after one day of not shampooing. Lucky dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the queen of upper lip sweat. When I am hot, its the first place to develop little beads of salty moisture. Its a total joke between Nathan and I. I seriously sweat so much in the summer time I can't even handle it. Its the worst!

    ReplyDelete