True to its title, this class is not so much centered around swimming as it is helping babies become more comfortable with being in the water.
Yesterday was her last class, her "graduation" you might say. It was without ceremony, as is probably best for young babies. A fellow classmate screamed and cried the whole time. June, whose prime Baby Swim Class event is pushing herself off of the side of the pool into my arms in the pool, refused to do so. Another baby girl, who is the only baby in the class that can stay on her back for an extended period of time, kept flipping over to her belly. It's like all of the babies reverted back to how they were the first day of close to honor their teacher's efforts over the past five weeks. How special.
As for her highest achievements, June can:
1. Hold herself up at the side of the pool.
2. Stay afloat while her mom makes weird faces.
3. Stay under water for two seconds (apparently while Dad holds his breath for her).
4. Pull off a midriff-baring bathing suit better than anyone I know.
5. Tolerate affection from her fans.