Sunday, July 13, 2014

Good-bye, Nasty Chair

Sometimes I wonder why it takes me so long to get rid of junk. Or to stop bad habits. I can think of several situations in my life where I kept putting off the inevitable and then felt SO MUCH BETTER afterward. Like going to the dentist. Whenever I move, it seems to take me forever to schedule an appointment. And the truth is--I love having my teeth cleaned! I floss three or four times a day!

So anyway, I guess I'm just saying I want to develop more of a "Rip off the Band-aid attitude" toward life. Get things done!

Which brings me to our recliner. I have blogged about this chair before. It has had its shining and redemptive moments. But mostly it's just been gross. Its material is all ripping off and sheds all over the carpet. It came free with a couch we bought off Craigslist. But free doesn't always mean good. Which is a mentality I have been trying to change. I don't need more stuff in my life just for the sake of having stuff! Who is with me?

Some friends in our ward were trying to get rid of a glider and ottoman and offered it to us. The only place we had room for it is in the corner where the recliner sat. This was just the push I needed--a deadline!  We had to have it cleared out before they brought the glider over.

Breaking down the chair.


What I had to vacuum up every day we owned the recliner. I don't need that in my life!


New glider.


Yay.

And lastly . . . how cute is this? June loves dressing up in nursery. Here she is wearing five different costumes.


1 comment:

  1. June is absolutely adorable!! I have sat in that chair before, but the glider looks so smooth and nice!!!

    ReplyDelete