Friday, July 11, 2014

Good Thing They are Worth It

I am exceedingly uncomfortable and can never sleep. When I DO fall asleep, it's only for a couple of hours and then I am up again to use the bathroom. And then I spend an inordinate amount of time flexing and unflexing my legs, trying to stop my Restless Leg Syndrome. I find myself at 2 AM watching really stupid tv, like Everybody Loves Raymond. I love me some Raymond, but I have seen every episode a million times, and I get sick of hearing Debra call Raymond an idiot, even though he totally is one.

Daniel is a doll and tries to help me sleep but it always backfires. If I fall asleep in front of a movie (if? WHEN.), he always tries to move himself and the movie into another room so that I can rest. In doing so, he slides me off his arm and wakes me up.

Or one night I fell asleep reading on our couch and he came to get me and move me into our bedroom. I was so sad when he woke me up, though he had the best intentions. Then it became a rule: Don't wake the beast.

June's delivery kind of ruined me for my other babies. I dilated to 3 cm at 37 weeks. My water broke at 38 weeks and I think I felt one contraction before the epidural kicked in. I pushed 3 times, and she was out. I keep telling myself that having your water break and that a baby coming on her own and early is not the norm. Though the baby has totally dropped and is sitting right on my pelvis (and my nerve, thankyouverymuch), I have hardly begun to dilate and my cervix is not doing its thang. I feel like everyone I know carries babies way long, and I keep telling myself to be prepared for the long haul.

That hasn't stopped me from thinking every little thing is my going into labor. This week I had June on a swim diaper on my lap, and she peed all over me. I shouted, "My water broke!!!" (BTW, what is with swim diapers? They keep the poop in but not the pee? I do not understand.) The same day, walking to the pool, my swim bag started dripping because of a leaky water bottle, and my friend and I both freaked out again.

So basically I'm a tired zombie who walks funny and is super cranky. Do you want to come visit? Haha.

Good thing babies are so dang cute. Came across this photo of June the other day. 6 months old and the cutest bug in the whole world.


3 comments:

  1. that is adorable!!! and i am SO with you on the stupid swimmy diapers. it's like, once the point of even having your kids wear them in the pool? {so long as you know there's no chance of #2} hang in there! the last month is always brutal. sophie ruined me with the next 2 pregnancies as well because SHE came 3 weeks early. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got pee peed on by a swim diaper just yesterday.
    Have you tried reading the old testament? Works like a charm every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Old Testament puts me to sleep every time. Haha! Good one, Heidi. June is just darling. I can't wait for her to have a sister!

    ReplyDelete