Sunday, August 3, 2014

Grandma Sandy Comes for a Visit

I've noticed that the first couple of weeks following a birth or a death are the easiest. People come visit and you get to reminisce over food that just magically shows up at your door step and that you get to eat on paper plates and then throw away.

The those people leave and reality sets in.

Come back, Grandma Sandy, come back!



My mom came when Gwen was about 5 days old. It was perfect timing because Daniel had to go back to work, and I had someone else here to help me.

As I mentioned before, I tried to get in as much swimming this summer as possible before I delivered Gwen. Unfortunately, June became very used to this being a part of our daily routine and has been going through major withdrawals since Sister came. She still puts on her swim stuff every day and begs to go. My mom took her every day she could while she was here, and that was a huge help.



My mom also read many books and drew many puppies and horsies and meows (cats) and tickled June out of tantrums and made meals and cleaned and held crying newborns while she was here. She was a huge help.

She also continued the tradition of the frosty outing. My mom's mom, Grandma Bonnie, always took us out for frosties when we were younger, and my mom took us out twice when she was here too.



June has a couple of friends who DETEST getting messy. Sometimes I wish that would rub off on her. Haha.



Gwen was really into the frosties too.



Mom bought June princess get up, and June had a blast with that.






June and my mom even shared a room, and whenever June woke up at 5:00 a.m., my mom would take her into her bed and they would sing and share stories.

So you might say it was a bit of a drag when she left. As in, I have been dragging my sorry bum around feeling sorry for my sorry self ever since she left.

Luckily, our honeymoon stage isn't totally over. Daniel's parents are coming this week, and we are looking forward to partying with them too!




5 comments:

  1. So much fun...I know uow that feels:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my word. ADORABLE ADORABLE EVERYTHING AND I LOVE SANDY AND LET'S ALL VISIT HER IN KC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like June and I are kindred in too many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! Gwen is beautiful! You are amazing. 2 is SO MUCH HARDER THAN 1. I don't care what anyone says. June cracks me up- she is so spunky-- I love it. So happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. June has such cute smiles when she is with her Grandma.

    ReplyDelete