Friday, August 1, 2014

Our New Addition

The Jolley Family is proud to announce a new addition . . .



 We finally have a piano! We have had a digital keyboard for about 3 years, and it has been great. But a real piano! Wahoo.

Oh, and also, I had a baby.



And she came out looking just like that. (Yes, the bow on the headband hurt on the way out.)

Here's the rundown on "The Story." I'm making it short and sweet for ya'll.

GWEN MARIE JOLLEY 07/19/2014

7:30 A.M. Check into Florida Hospital to be induced.

8:30 A.M. The nurses start my IV.  For some unknown reason (I'm guessing dehydration), I had a vasovagal response to the IV and I begin to gag and pass out. This caused Gwen's heartbeat to drop to a low level. I woke up to several nurses standing over me and fixing the situation. Needless to say, this little episode put Daniel on edge for the rest of the day. The thing that made me sad about this is that I was determined to look better for my delivery pictures with this baby. I look dead in all of my photos after delivering June. So I woke up early the day of Gwen's arrival and actually did my hair. I know this is dumb, so don't leave a comment telling me so. Once I started passing out, the nurses put wet cloths all over my head and hair, and I was drenched and gross one hour after arriving at the hospital. Haha.

9:30 A.M. Pitocin. The doctor came to check me, and I was barely a "fingertip 1." I felt like he was checking me up to my eyeballs, and I let him know it. 

10:00 A.M. Daniel and I work toward our goal of watching all of the Star Wars movies.



11:30 A.M. Contractions start, and I get my epidural.

12:30 P.M. Doctor comes to check me and breaks my water. The nurse tells me to let her know if I feel any pressure in my bottom, but that it should be awhile yet.

1:30 P.M. I started feel pressure in my bottom, but I don't say anything because I think I must be imagining things.

1:51 P.M. I send a text to my boss about an email he needs to respond to.

2:00 P.M. I finally tell the nurse I am feeling a little pressure "down there." The doctor comes in to check me and see Gwen's head and chastises me for not calling them in sooner.

2:09 P.M. After pushing for six minutes, Gwen Marie Jolley was born, weighing 8 pounds flat. She was 20.5 inches long.

2:15 P.M. My boss answers my previous text and asks me, "Aren't you supposed to be in labor?" I responded, "Yes, I delivered 10 minutes after I sent you that last text. I should be Employee of the Month." Haha.

And she is totally beautiful.





Having fun with Dad:


And with Big Sister June:


And it has just been smooth sailing ever since. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

7 comments:

  1. They are both darling! Congratulations and we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful family and story!! You never forget your first piano.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Her hair is so dark! I hope June is being gentle with her :) I was nervous before I had Nelson because Dallin had a habit of poking babies in the eye. He luckily gave that up just before baby brother came along, so Nelson's eyes are safe. Dallin did like to "hold it?" for about 1 second and then push him away. It's always "fun" teaching toddlers to be gentle with babies. And congrats on the piano too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! And she shares a bday with my mom! I am so happy she's here and that everything went smoothly (minus that crazy part at the beginning). Gets lots of pictures of you two together, even if you never post them on here, but you should cuz I wanna see you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the world's best employee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If your boss doesn't make you Employee of the Month you should at LEAST make yourself Student of the Week above your piano. It's your lessons, right? You do what you want!!
    And hey good job making the baby come out with the bow. I guess evolution really does work.
    She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete