Tuesday, April 3, 2018

This is What My Life Looks Like Right Now.

Remember that time I waxed poetic about the spring season and how it brings rebirth to earth and also to our lives and how we can set new goals and become new people and everything is butterflies and rainbows and sunrises and new possibilities and adventures?


Nah.

That's right. It snowed 24 hours after I wrote all that. We would have had a snow day if it weren't already spring break this week. "Spring Break". That's a real cute phrase.

Also, some sort of storm has hit Gwen's stomach, and she threw up on me at the dinner table while we were hosting the sister missionaries.


Much to my utter dismay, she was given my favorite salad bowl to assist her in any . . . upcoming business. That bowl and I have been sharing various salad lunches together for the past several years, and its new function really complicated our relationship.

She experienced recurring episodes throughout the afternoon and evening until I finally called her doctor, who asked me to take her to the one of the neighboring offices that had extended Sunday hours, since this was at 8:00 p.m.


The doctor there gave her a pedialyte popiscle and zofran, which Gwen promptly upchucked. So the doc sent us to the ER to get her an IV.


Gwen was just tuckered out by this point and fell asleep as we were waiting for the doc. The doctor was incredulous that the previous doc had given us food and then zofran when it should have been the other way around. So we tried that and she kept it down! She went from being a sad little cuddly Gwen to kicking me in the span of 20 minutes, so I knew it was working.

It was at this point in Gwen's resurgence of energy that my beloved salad bowl was kicked off her hospital bed and crashed onto the floor where it broke. It was just as well. I knew I would never be able to look at it the same again.



So we came home, and Gwen did fine Monday until late last night, so we are taking it very easy today. Poor girl.

Poor me.

So right now my life looks like me transporting a girl from room to room and lots of holding while watching Team Umizoomi, which I have determined is the WORST show ever (okay, second worst. Caillou always wins). 

My life also looks like:


A pseudo baby gate made out of our favorite sled held up with some ropes and supported by weights, and also--



a convenient pile of unraveled toilet paper for anyone who wants to grab a square. Thank you, Harris. I'm glad you are progressing but think the fascination-with-the-bathroom stage is the worst.

And also--


June seeking some of my attention supply which has been made scarce with Gwen's current issues. So she has been complaining of hand pain and wearing this cast made out of a band-aid and tape.

And also--


Me contemplating if I can talk June into being the goblin king from Labyrinth for Halloween this year because the hair she chopped on top awhile back just dries in the worst way but the best way if you are shooting for this look:

Image result for the labyrinth pictures david bowie
(taken from https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/01/12/david-bowie-labyrinth_n_8962056.html).

Maybe there are still many possibilities out there even if Spring isn't coming!

4 comments:

  1. I'm dying. DYING! First of all, poor Gwen! I'm so glad she's doing better - but sad she still was sick last night. Your poor salad bowl. June's CAST! and I am obsessed with June as the Goblin King now. That made me laugh so hard, Tracy had to come to my computer to see what could be so entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also I love that your last post was so beautiful and touching and this one is normal life because it makes me see that even perfect people have imperfect days and I feel better about myself. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hahaha
    Caillou is the worstest. But team umizumi seems like the concept was phoned in bc they had to submit 4 options for a show and they only had 3 they liked and needed one more to make the others look better.
    We should all just have toilet paper baskets on our toilets.

    June's cast...wins everything.
    June's hair is the grand prize trophy no one knew about. Leggings and a blousey shirt and a circus truck full of silver makeup and she's set. How cute would Harris be in the striped pajamas the brother wears?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so feel you! winter needs to end. but at least your kids provide you with entertaining fodder for your blog? hahaha. soldier on, sister!

    ReplyDelete