I'm writing this from The Cave Formerly Known as My Bedroom, or TCFKAMB.
Prince's acronym was better.
I am sick.
"How sick are you, Heather?" shouts the audience.
I'm so sick, that my best friend Lindsey came to visit me last week, and we had plans to go into the city, and instead we stayed home. I stayed in bed, and she and Dan watched the kids all weekend. What a bummer.
I have the flu. And as a prego, there's not much the doc can do for me. The doc I saw at the urgent care warned me it's probably going to drag on for three weeks. Three. Weeks.
My ward is amazing. People have been watching my kids and bringing in meals. For the flu! I know there are more major needs all around me, and I have been so touched as people have served me.
Dan woke up yesterday with something gross too PLUS pink eye, and he's flying to Spain for work today. We are a fun group.
But anyway, I don't think I have a single pic of Linz's trip here, because no one takes pictures of being sick in bed.
I do, however, have pics of the cute presents she brought for June, who turned SEVEN this week.
Linz had asked June what her favorite color was, and in true June fashion, she waxed poetic about "all of the colors of the rainbow", so Linz gave her rainbow-themed presents. The clothes are so cute, and the purse is a MEGA HIT.
Of course, Gwen and Harris wanted their own photos too.
We had planned to do a joint birthday cake thing for June and Duncan on Sunday evening, but alas, I was too sick. So we did a quick 40 minute thing Monday night, before I keeled over and died.
Though June is definitely in his personal space, Duncan cannot be distracted from the cake.
I made a new cake recipe this time. A doctored up cake mix and my sister's frosting recipe. It was a huge hit.
The cake had a butterfly on it for June, and then the kids hit a shark pinata because sharks are Duncan's favorite.
A goodbye hug with all of the Jolley/Wilkes kids because as I type this very sentence, they are MOVING TO UTAH. WILL WE EVER RECOVER FROM THEIR ABSENCE?
NO. WE WILL NOT.
Even when Mom feels like garbage, the birthday show must go on. The next morning, I woke up and made June her name in pancakes.
I tried to hurry and make them before she woke up, but I didn't, and she kept calling from her room, "I'M READY FOR MY NAME PANCAKES!!"
And also the candy bar poster.
And she opened presents.
Not pictured: the many presents Grandma Sandy sent. I took a video of her opening those and didn't think to take pictures too. Darn it. She received many cute clothes, books and art supplies.
Quick birthday photo shoot:
I can pull out a french braid about once a year, and here it is.
The pants Gwen is wearing in this photo mysteriously disappeared after she took them off that day. Because I threw them away. Because they are the rattiest pants in the whole world. So ratty a rat wouldn't wear them.
We've been working on the loom ever since!
It was at about this moment that June said to me: "I'm proud of you for buying me this loom, Mom. It's a good present."
The End.


















I LOVE THE LOOM! What a great gift. I feel so bad that you're sick while pregnant and having to watch your other kids, including Harris the Terroris'. It was still a great trip, and Dan and I enjoyed watching movies together before we both got sick. HAHA. I have like two weird pics of the whole week myself. I'm so glad the rainbow purse was a hit, and it looks like those clothes will continue to fit for a while. hahaha.... I'm also so glad the ward is taking care of you! I felt so bad having to leave! And I'll miss the Wilkes fam, too, having met Sis. Wilkes at church. Great job doing the candy poster, party, cake, pancakes, etc all while feeling so crummy! You're amazing!
ReplyDelete