Sunday, December 22, 2019

Merry Christmas Eve Eve Eve.

Today's blog post is a girls' post. Because I have one of my girls on each side of me making comments as I type. We shall see which of their comments make it into the actual post.

First off, this week was Spirit Week (again) at school. There was Crazy Sock Day, Ugly Sweater Day, Pajama Day, etc. We did Pajama Day but didn't have stuff for most of the other days. HOWEVER, we were able to fully participate in Red/Green Blue/White Day. Gwen was our Christmas girl. June learned about Hanukkah this year from a Jewish classmate and has been Team Hanukkah ever since. So she wore blue and white.


(June: Tell them about my bows! Gwen: June is holding a Math Monster she made.)

Once upon a time, Gwen had her ears pierced. And then she got an infection, and we took them out. It's been awhile and so we tried to put some earrings back into her ears. We were successful with one ear, but the other has completely closed. But Gwen won't let me take the one earring back out. So she wears one all of the time. She's totally pulling a 1990s too-cool-for-school-bad-boy look, and she's doing it well. If only she would let me shave an initial in her hair.


Did the cool boys from 1990 wore pink flower earrings?

(June: Mom, did they wear pink flower earrings? Let's find out!)

Traditions that have carried on this year:


Every December, I read my girls all of the short stories in this book. They make me want to own a pet (but I won't). They are set around Christmastime in the English countryside. Delightful.

(Gwen: Mom, your thumb is pointing to the pig. Is your favorite character a pig? My favorite character is the brown horse. And the cat. Actually, my favorite character is everyone.)

And Saturday, we made sugar cookies. Always fun and always a huger mess than I anticipate.





My genius idea this year: giving each kid a "work station" i.e. a cookie sheet to keep all of their sprinkles in. Much less mess.




(June: Mom, please start a blog for me. Gwen: Me too! June: Please start my right now. Gwen: No, please start MINE right now.)

And we went caroling. I know lots of people don't enjoy caroling--both being a caroler and also receiving carolers. It can be awkward. But we're going to keep at it. It's been good for our family. And our neighbors are nice about it.



Not pictured: Dan in a Santa hat. 

We added some props this year to make it more exciting. A George Washington picture to hold up at the end of Rudolph. Some more red noses.

(Gwen: Mom, please put that picture on my blog.)

And church today. 
The End.

(The girls are still fighting over who I'm going to make a blog for first. I will try my best to make everyone equally unhappy and so no to both requests.)

The Real End.

1 comment:

  1. PLEASE MAKE A BLOG FOR YOUR GIRLS. I WILL READ IT EVERY DAY. EVERY. DAY. FOREVER. LET THEM DICTATE IT. I AM READY TO DEDICATE ALL MY TIME TO THIS. THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete