Sunday, March 15, 2020

Happy Anniversary to Us!

Lots of happenings this week:

First off, let me take you back two months ago to when we first moved into this house. We didn't get the house we originally had wanted, but the same model was being built in a neighborhood not too far away. 

So we were excited about that and bought the house. And then discovered that the rooms didn't have lights. I cried.

There we were, brand new homeowners and Dan so excited to get the house for me that I wanted. And I was crying because it was no longer what I wanted. 

I'm kinda terrible sometimes.

But because Dan is awesome, we had some lights put in. Twelve in fact, spread out over three different rooms.


There's nothing my kids like more than having people over at our house. My humanoids act as though they have never talked to people before and ATTACK any unsuspecting visitor within 50 feet of our home and talk their ears off until they suck the social juices right out of them. Like conversational vampires or something.

Harris follows workers anywhere they go around our house. Don't believe me? We also had a radon mitigation guy here this week, and while he was up in our attic, Harris climbed to the top of his ladder and also tried to climb into the attic. The nice guy (Steve) had to yell down for me to come get my 2 year old from atop his ladder. Exciting times!

So Harris couldn't leave the electricians alone, and Gwen had this sudden urge come over her to play the piano incessantly. I'm sure they loved the sweet, languid tones of "Hot Cross Buns" on repeat. I know I did.

They originally said the job would take 8 hours, but somehow only took 5. I guess they were motivated to get some peace and quiet.


Next up: blinds! Though I'm growing more partial to this beautiful-box-against-the-window-so-that-people-can't-see-us-change-even-though-I'm-certain-NO-ONE-is-looking.

Toward the beginning of the week (when life was still normal), I took Harris to get a haircut, and we also went to the park.



Speaking of normal, I changed the kids' towels and took a picture of one of the clean towels only 12 hours later, and it already looked like this. 


Humanoids or animals?

Another normal thing for us? We forgot our anniversary.

We had talked about it a couple of weeks ago when doing our calendaring session and talked about getting a babysitter so that we could go to dinner, but alas, I couldn't secure one. Then halfway through the day of our actual anniversary, I realized what day it was and sent Dan a text. And he sent me one back in the middle of his meeting. With hearts. He's the best. True love! Happy 10 years!

And then life ceased to be normal because of coronavirus, and we are all home for the next couple of weeks trying to flatten the curve.

I was able to pick up a huge load of requests I had placed at the library right before everything shut down, so we do have lots of books and movies. We watched this childhood favorite for Friday Fun Night. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Man alive, that movie is LONG and WEIRD.


And today, we had church at home, and it was actually really great. I'm a people person and I will love getting back to regular church, but this was nice too. Dan and I agreed that everyone should dress up, and he received permission to administer the Sacrament to our small group.


And Gwen wore her lego glasses.

June asked if she could give a talk. It was a really good talk about being "fishers of men".


And then we watched a General Conference address from last session. Elder Bednar's "Watchful unto Prayer Continually" So edifying and has great visual aides for the kids (and adults). Poor Dan had it all ready to go and then it wouldn't work. But eventually it did, so we were okay.


Also today, we had a Come Follow Me lesson, played games, went for a walk and the parents took naps while the kids played. I didn't even mean to take a nap. It was one of those out of body experiences when your body says "you are sleeping now" and you just crash wherever you are.

It's a weird time right now, but I have felt very blessed and watched over. We are grateful for the knowledge we have. I'm grateful for President Nelson. He is amazing at outreach and bringing peace into our lives.

I have definitely learned that I haven't made food storage the priority I need to and am determined to do better.

Hope you are all doing okay too. If not, please reach out. I'm here for you.

The End.

1 comment:

  1. Your family is so amazing. I look up to you guys so much. Seriously. I'm not just saying it. I want to be just like you when I have a family. Towels and everything. Love the lights!! Loved that Harris climbed the ladder. Oh my stars.

    ReplyDelete