Sunday, April 5, 2020

A New Room for June

It's General Conference weekend! Today is the last day. If you need something uplifting in your life, please join us. If you don't need something uplifting in your life right now, I don't know what to think.

My main squeeze Dan the Man listened to conference yesterday while painting June's bedroom pink. Our birthday gifts to the girls this year is painting and decorating their new bedrooms. You may recall that June received a new bedspread and some other stuff on her actual birthday. Now we were able to finally put it all together.

The big reveal:


I found these twinkly lights that have plastic clothespins on them for holding pictures. Also, you can see her new bedspread. She was NOT happy with the bedspread when she first opened it. She had begged and begged for a bedspread with a giant horse head on it. I just couldn't do that. Too much Godfather, not enough cute little girl. I knew she wouldn't like it anymore in a year. I also don't think anyone can sleep with a giant horse head looking at them.

So I felt bad disappointing her. But after we actually put it on her bed and it was all sparkly and pretty, she absolutely loved it. Yay me!

Her new horse artwork above her desk:


And her old dresser, new butterfly lamp and a hint of her bookshelf. Dan did a terrific job on the painting! Looks so good.



Side note: You can see me in my apron. I love wearing an apron. I think it's really comfortable. Dan doesn't get it. Do any of you think wearing an apron is comfortable?

Of course, poor Gwen was dying of jealousy. Poor Gwen! I'm the younger sister too; I get it. You get everything second. June went to school first, is getting baptized first, etc. I wish Gwen's birthday came before June's in the calendar year but it doesn't. It's not until July. So anyway, she was very sad. We do have a second bucket of the same color paint, and we may just paint her room sooner rather than later to put a little excitement in her life.

To add insult to injury, right after the big reveal, we discovered that Gwen's new arm braces had come in the mail. These bad boys are supposed to help her break the habit of thumb sucking. She's five and a half, and it's time. But I was cringing at the thought of giving them to her right after she saw June's room.

But we did.

And she was so excited! I guess getting something in the mail just for you you you is pretty exciting. She is such a middle child.



The thumbs won't reach to her mouth. Amazing.

And other happenings this week.

More soccer:


Dan and I made the most amazing gourmet nachos, and you're all jealous.


Gwen had a Zoom meeting with her AM kindergarten class. Her teacher called it a "recess meeting". So cute. I thought Gwen would be all over that thing, but she sat there silently. Then asked if she could sit on my lap. And then was really sad.


I found out her favorite boy wasn't in the meeting, and she misses him. So tragic.

And the cutest baby ever.


The End.


1 comment:

  1. LOVE JUNE'S ROOM. 8-yr-old me would be in absolute heaven. So pretty! Beck is the cutest baby alive. Gwen getting excited about the arm braces made me laugh, then her Zoom meeting afterthoughts made my heart ache. You can tell her Lindsey says hi and that she misses her and wants to sit with her and read stories and watch movies! When are you making those nachos again? I need to book my flight. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete