Side note: I'm going to type this as fast as I can because there is something weird on my contact, and there's a glare when I look at anything. That's weird, right?
Another side note: Gwen has informed me that she's starving and that I need to get her some lunch. I have calmly reminded her that she had a big breakfast this morning with pancakes and a grapefruit and that lunch is in one hour so I can blog. She has told me she's not going to make it that long. I have let her know she will be sorely missed because she is my best cleaner. She told me I can't say that. So I said, should I say you won't be missed? And now she's mad. She's my kid most similar to me temperament-wise. Easily happy and easily mad. People pleaser but with a terrible temper.
Anyway, back to Dan's birthday. This is kind of how Dan's birthday always goes. Seemingly about him but always filled with attention-seeking behavior from everyone else. He's nice about it.
To spice up yet another quarantine birthday, the kids and I wrote down 33 things we love about Dan.
I realize that top one says "He took me away from Vegas" and it sounds like I'm knocking Vegas. I actually like a lot of things about Vegas but was very happy to move to Florida by the beach.
We put them all over the house so that he could find them throughout the day.
We also made the traditional candy bar poster.
It says: Dad! It is a joy to be your children. Every day is "reese's" (recess)/ Sometimes we can be sour patch kids and we can't go to mom because you know how "shey's" (she is). You are nicer than HERshey's/. We want to give you kisses.
Gwen also wrote down a joke in the middle. It says: how do you save? you eat!!
I told her I don't understand her joke. and she told me that jokes aren't supposed to make sense.
The girls also decided to make hats for everyone to wear.
Forcing Harris to put his hat on.
The caravan up to the room, complete with the candy bar poster. June is carrying his orange juice, and I am carrying the breakfast we made for him to eat in bed. I hate breakfast in bed. Dan has always loved it, but I think he started to see why I hate it when it was spilled all over the bed this year. He has agreed we should just serve it in the kitchen next year.
Surprising a not-very-surprised dad. Because the kids were so loud the entire hour before and I'm sure he was awake for all of it.
Posing with his hat. It was like a tribute to a future Irish pope. The girls still insist that everything we give Dan be green because they insist it's his favorite color. Even though he has told them that's not true. But it also kinda is true because he isn't allowed to like any other colors.
Also this week June had to take some pictures of some stuff in our backyard for her science class. She and the others were out there a long time and didn't take any good pictures. Instead, my phone is full of pictures like this:
And this:
It wasn't even Gwen's assignment.
And I ordered June a new swimsuit, which came in the mail this week. And it instantly became a swimsuit day.
What we are reading: We finished Little House in the Big Woods, and Dan said he wanted to read Hatchet to the girls, so they started that.
And our Sunday photo:
Harris refused to participate. Gwen was mad at June. June was twirling.
The End.













"Harris refused to participate. Gwen was mad at June. June was twirling." - my favorite Jolley family truth snippet. Also, I love that Dan's favorite color is/isn't green, and the kids go nuts for it. I love that so much. HAHA. And "He took me away from Vegas" HAHAHA... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAN!!! ♥
ReplyDelete