Sunday, September 4, 2022

Gwen is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. And Harris broke his head open.

 At the beginning of August, Gwen was baptized. It was quite the shindig. Both sets of grandparents flew out for it, and many friends from church, homeschool co-op, public school, sports, and our neighborhood came. It was an extra special day.




Grandma Sandy and June played a duet together. It was the primary song "Baptism". June was pretty hit or miss with the song, and I was more nervous for how it would go than anything else that day. But she knocked it out of the park.


Gwen's primary teacher, Vanessa Henson, gave a talk about the "3 bears" of being baptized. Bearing the name of Jesus Christ, bearing each other's burdens, and bearing our testimony. It was such a great talk.

Grandma Kristi gave a talk about the Holy Ghost. She told a story about when Dan was a young boy at Christmastime. His family was gathered around and singing carols. He turned to his mom and said, "This feeling I'm feeling . . . is this the Holy Ghost?" And she confirmed that it was. So simple and so beautiful. All were touched by her story.


Dan baptized Gwen, and June and my mom were the witnesses. Dan also conferred the gift of the Holy Ghost on her. After the ordinances were finished, June ran up and gave her a big jumping hug. They were both so excited that day.

Many of our friends were able to stay for lunch. I had friends drive from hours away to see us and also to help. It was one of those amazing days where I just couldn't fathom why we have such good friends. We are pretty weird, and yet people love us anyway.

And also, Harris broke his head open. He and Beck were pushing each other down the stairs in some cardboard boxes, and his head crashed into the floor and split clean open.


I took him to the ER, and they stapled him up with four staples. A couple of weeks later, he went in for oral surgery to get his tongue tie clipped. He also had to get new glasses. He's scared of everything and always gets injured, whilst Beck has no fear and rarely gets hurt. It's just weird.

The End.


1 comment:

  1. That is such a crazy thing how the people who are ultra scared and careful inevitably have stuff happen to them more than those who are just whatever about everything! I LOVE how June hugged Gwen and how excited they were! I love how so many people came, too. So lovely! Yay, Gwen!!

    ReplyDelete