Tuesday, February 28, 2023

All Sorts of Out of Sorts.

 I've been sick. The wake-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night-with-chills-and-aches sick. The throat-so-sore-you-can't-tell-if-you-are-drinking-water-or-shards-glass sick. 

Now I'm a terrible patient. And a terrible nurse. Conversely, Dan is a great patient who asks for nothing when he is sick and who will also do anything I ask plus think of extra things to do for me when I'm sick. It's why we are so good together.

When I'm sick, I never think to take medicine. I'm not a pill popper. Dan always has to bring medicine to me and remind me to take it. This time I feel like he gave me 32984729837 different medicines and didn't check if they go together or not. I have been downright loopy. Also I read in the Book of Mormon this past week where Amalickiah has Lehonti poisoned by degrees so that Amalickiah could become the king of the Lamanites. Coincidence? I think not. I brought this up to Dan, and his retort was, "But remember, Heather, what Amalickiah stood to gain by being the king. What kingdom am I inheriting if you die?" and motioned to the four hungry and squabbling children around us, the piles of laundry spilled over everywhere, and the general disarray of the house. 

He has a point. 

I'm on antibiotics now and feeling much better, but still somewhat foggy and dizzy and definitely super disorganized. I learned the acronym "EHAP" last year--Everything Has A Place--and despite my calling it out to my children in a range of tones--playful and sing-songy, sadly and full of sighs, irritated and saracastic, and then just downright frightening--no one seems to care about my awesome EHAP ideas. Things are out of order at the Jolley house. 

Now the photos:


I had to take photographic evidence of this amazing exchange between June and myself. June is in the process of being evaluated for vision therapy. As part of the extensive paperwork I filled out for her was the question: What behavioral problems does the child experience at home?

Now June is a great kid, but she is stubborn as all get out (obviously inherited from Dan's side of the family) and she will argue with you until you pass out. I have waved the white flag of surrender with that child more often than I care to admit.

So I wrote "Lots of arguing." June was sitting next to me reading her book while I was writing this all up and of course, she happened to look over and said, "What did you just write about me?" and then realized what I had written and got so upset and yelled, "I do NOT argue with you! I never do!" and then proceeded to take my pen and cross out what I had written. So then I wrote another note, pointing to what she had crossed out and explained my side of the story. 

I cannot make this stuff up.

We also hosted a laser tag party with our neighbors at our church building. I don't know what kinds of amazing pictures I was hoping to catch in the dark but here is the fabulous photo evidence of said event.


The End.



1 comment:

  1. I do NOT argue with you!!! HAHAHAHA amazing. I'm so sorry you've been so sick and am so glad you're starting to improve!!!

    ReplyDelete