Dear
Friends:
Well our
Christmas cards are ready to be mailed, so I can check another thing off my
list! Of course, I’m looking at my list from 2010, when I first made the goal
to mail Christmas cards. Seven years later, and nothing is stopping me now! Welcome
to the First Annual Jolley Christmas Letter!
We moved
to Morristown, New Jersey in January of this year. The day we boarded a plane
in Jacksonville, Florida, it was 75 degrees. We deplaned in Newark, and it
snowed the next day. It was quite a shock, but has turned out to be a great
move.
Dan
graduated with his MBA from University of Florida in April. He works in
category development for Reckitt Benckiser and travels back to Florida
regularly. He is an active participant in the Sunday School lessons at church
where, even if it’s not his turn to teach, he still makes the most comments. He
enjoys playing golf, or at least he thinks he still would if he ever had a
minute to play. Playing golf was so two kids ago.
June started
kindergarten this year. She’s in a great class at school where she receives
occupational, physical and speech therapy. She loves to draw, bake and swim!
She recently fractured her arm again and is now winning the world record for
hairline fractures (3 before the age of 6). She was one of the first kids to
have her part memorized for the primary program, and she was the only
kid to stick a tic tac up her nose and swallow it during the primary program.
Gwen is 3
and is a force of nature. She both falls asleep later and yet wakes up earlier
than the other kids. She keeps everyone around her moving so that we don’t miss
a thing. Though she and June are opposites, they are also best friends. Gwen
loves to play outside, ride a tricycle and has a knack for getting herself into
precarious situations. This year, we have found her on top of a ladder resting
against the roof of our house, leaning out of an open window in her bedroom at
midnight and leading a revolution at her YMCA swim class.
Harris
came to us on April 14th in a record-breaking 40 minute delivery. We
almost didn’t make it to the hospital in time, and I may have screamed at
everyone within earshot. I’m determined to never show my face at Morristown
Hospital again. Despite his violent entrance, he has been an extremely calming
presence in our home. He’s sweet and smiley and drool-y. He has been wearing a cranial
helmet since September, but he doesn’t mind.
And then
there’s me. I am busy with raising and hiding from three little kids. I play
the organ at church, work part-time from home and find writing our family blog
to be a good outlet for me. New Jersey was the hardest adjustment for me, but
now I love it here.
Our family
photo was taken by a dear friend, and I couldn’t believe it turned out. That
morning, there was much screaming, fighting and gnashing of teeth. The kids
were bad too. I’m grateful for this time of year to remember that a Savior was
born so that families like ours can try and try again.
Much
love to you and yours,
The
Jolleys
So wonderful, charming, pithy, articulate and lovely
ReplyDeleteDitto, ditto, ditto, ditto and ditto to Heidi. This is still hanging on my fridge and I don't know if I'll ever take it down.
ReplyDelete