Honestly, I'm happy to. Hawaii was amazing. Here are some pictures of that most amazing place, alongside some of my most stream-of-consciousness commentary. Buckle up, folks.
From the Polynesian Cultural Center:
Everyone was so talented. I kept pondering what my job would be at the PCC. I call myself a dancer, but am only qualified to dance solos in the dark in an empty room inside an empty building with no sounds or nearby life.
I'm not a great cook, and I'm not very strong. Ticket taker would fit nicely, I should think.
Whenever I wear a side ponytail, Dan asks me why. Because I like it, Dan!
See that there pig? I ate all of it myself.
Riding on a boat down the river with two of my faves--Dan and Heidi.
After the luau and before the evening show. Feeling ready to rollllllllllllllll on outta there.
A couple of our beach trips:
Heidi, I love your black swimsuit. I love black! Next year, I want to buy five black swimsuits.
From the Dole Plantation:
We actually didn't love the Dole Plantation. It seemed too expensive for not enough fun. We did eat some amazing street corn here, though. And I bought the girls Christmas ornaments for this year. So not a total loss.
You may have noticed that I wore the same thing a lot. Everyone in the family was allowed (by bossy me) to bring 3 outfits, and we wore them constantly for two weeks. I actually kind of loved it. It was really easy, and I think we left less stuff behind than we normally do (though we still left stuff). Also, our entire family only checked two bags. Sweetness.
Blythe jumped in this family photo to make my dream family photo complete.
And lastly, but not leastly.
The best part of Hawaii was the cousin time. June, Blythe and Gwen are the three musketeers and are up to NO GOOD. They sure do love each other. Blythe did Gwen's hair a lot, which involved a lot sticks being woven into her blonde locks. A unique style. Gwen has cried for "Life" a lot since we came home.
Upon returning home, I asked the girls what their favorite part of Hawaii was, and they both said "watching movies with Life". So maybe next time we will save a few bucks and just do that.
The End.
Um you look awesome in 100% of these pics, and I love your outfits and swimsuits. I am really sorry I pushed you so much to do the Dole plantation. I didn't realize it was expensive, and all I remember was how much I died over the taste when I was 13. Please forgive me! The PCC is just wonderful and I'm jealous you got to go. Let's go together when I get married and our husbands can watch the kids. And we can have a dance party at 3am.
ReplyDelete