Sunday, July 1, 2018

This is the Summer of Fair Weather.

This is the summer of fair weather. Name the movie. I dare ya.

Summer is in full swing at our house. We have been out for four days and have settled into a reasonable routine. I always have much loftier goals than I should at the beginning of summer, but the kids are veeeeeeeerrrrrrrrryyy good at letting me know when I'm expecting too much so we quickly find a balance.

We do some school work every morning. We start with the letter of the day (Thursday was "C"), and we do some writing, reading and math exercises. It lasts about an hour, and it's actually enjoyable for all of us.





Harris the prodigy. He usually whines until I give him a pencil and then drools all over the page. Whatever. If he's happy, I'm happy.


It may seem crazy to do school work all summer. June was invited to the "extended school year" (summer school) to keep her on track for next year, but I declined. She did summer school all last summer, and we need a break. Plus I wanted the girls to be able to do swim lessons, and we are going on a big vacation for two weeks, so summer school just seemed like too much. So I committed to myself that I would help her stay on track by working on her skills one hour a day.

We'll see how long I last.



There's my trusty floral nightie! I actually thought I could wear it to retrieve something from the mailbox without getting caught one early morning last week, but caught I was by my neighbor John who was walking his dog. That was some awkward small talk!

After a three-week hiatus from swim lessons, we are back in the game. Miss Cathy continues to rock our socks, and the girls are progressing. I get stressed about some of the (mis)behavior exhibited by my girls during class, but she is a master at classroom management.


The water can be quite chilly, and Miss Cathy requested I buy swim caps for the girls.


And now a blast from the past. I forgot to post Father's Day pictures.

The ladies in our ward make mini-pies for all of the men. I was asked to bring eight, and I made chocolate chip Snickers cheesecakes that tasted better than they looked.


And these two wore matching ties again. Cuuuuuuuuuuute.



Speaking of matchy match, today we wore red, white and blue as our nod to the Fourth of July happening this week. We were running late, and I was on the organ today, so we had to hurry. Hence the terrible angle and lighting. There was no time to fix it and try again.


Look at those girls' faces! Are they being held hostage? For the love.


Better. Though it probably feels like we are coming down on top of you to eat you for dinner. Scary angle.

June has been on my lap this entire post talking very loudly in my ear, and I no longer even know how to write a sentence.

The End.

3 comments:

  1. I loved this whole post but my fave was "June has been on my lap this entire post talking very loudly in my ear, and I no longer even know how to write a sentence."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and isn't that from Saturday's Warrior???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saturday's warrior! I love that the "bad" girls were represented with neon sports bras and high waisted acid washed shorts. Testimony BEWARE!

    I commend your continued educational efforts. Maybe the girls were thinking about their workbooks in those last Pictures?

    ReplyDelete