Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Nope. Still no Princeton.

So we have big news!

We are moving. To Pennsylvania.

Dan has accepted an offer to work for The Hershey Company. We tried to be hush hush when discussing the option since we didn't want the kids to know anything was happening until it was for sure happening. But they didn't seem to notice that we were constantly talking about moving, changing schools, etc.

They had a half day last Thursday. We picked them up and told them we were going on a special trip. We took them home to use the bathroom, pack up the van and go.

This is when we told them that we are moving in January, and our little trip was to go house hunting.

I was NERVOUS to tell them that we were moving. Especially June. Every single day, June waxes poetic about her deep and abiding love for New Jersey and especially for the house we have been renting (???). She LOVES her school.

But I knew it would "sweeten" the deal when we told them that Dan was working for a chocolate company. June has had moments of "but I will MISS my teachers!!" but she loves telling people that her dad sells chocolate.

Hershey is only two a half hours away, and I've promised her we can come back and have lunch with her favorite aide every summer.

Here are the worst bellhops I ever saw, driving our luggage at crazy speeds blindly down the hallway, darting back and forth at different angles.



The trip was productive. I went house hunting while Dan was stuck in a hotel with four children. Our children so, it was rough. Luckily, Home Alone 2 was on, and they have never seen it and thought it was the FUNNIEST THING EVER. We also stayed in a hotel with an indoor pool the size of my palm, but it worked!

We have an offer in for a house. Fingers crossed.

At the end of it all, we took the kids to Hershey Park!


Dan was so excited because we used to go to Busch Gardens in Florida all of the time, and it was especially fun at Christmas.

Of course, there is the small difference of about 40 degrees that made it a still good, but different, experience.

In other news, I went to parent teacher conferences and while there, spotted this hilarious picture of Gwen as a pilgrim.



I realized on the way to the actual conference that I hadn't given a second's thought to what might be said at the conference. Honestly, I hadn't heard a single thing from Gwen's teacher all year, and I kinda like living in Ignoranceville. But her teacher reassured me that Gwen was doing great, and I flew outta there before she could change her mind. Seriously, I got back into the car to drive home and realized that I wasn't even sure if the teacher was done talking when I was done listening and left.

Speaking of, Gwen was also asked to be the Student of the Week and to fill out this poster about herself. She has been working on it for the past two nights and has only screamed and cried three times! What a special bonding experience for us.



And lastly, this 5 and a half month baby is trying to crawl. He's very very close, and I just want to knock him over with every attempt. Though at least when he can crawl, he will be happier. He's so frustrated with his immobility. I LOVE his immobility. But nobody cares what Mom thinks. Womp womp.


The End.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for Pennsylvania! I grew up there. Northeast PA ive been to Hershey park and we took the kids there a few years ago while visiting family. Im happy for you and Dans new job sounds exciting :) p.s im hoping for a Christmas card in the mail if you're sending sime this year. I am not sure if ill get to it, I better get on the ball! -Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so so so excited for you guys!!! and CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete