Did you know I lived on Princeton Place growing up?
'Tis true. And yet I still haven't seen Princeton University. You know, the one that is one hour away and we were supposed to go to 2 weeks ago?
We didn't go this past weekend either. But for good reason. We went to the Philadelphia Temple instead.
Or, actually, I went to the temple. Everyone came with me and waited in the waiting area. But when I came out to relieve Dan and give him his turn, he said, "We need to go home now."
Turns out I missed quite the show while I was in the temple. At one point, Dan was trying to get everyone onto the elevator, but while he was helping Beck, Gwen and Harris ran onto the elevator and pressed buttons, and the door closed before Dan could get to them. They got out at the parking garage where a nice man helped them go back to the waiting area. They eventually reconnected with Dan. At least, we're pretty sure we brought home the right kids.
Also, a certain oldest child threw a huge loud tantrum. Like bonkers loud. And a nice visitors center man had to come over to Dan and see what was going on and ask her to quiet down because people couldn't hear what they needed to.
In other words, the 5 month old baby was our best-behaved kid.
But I had a great experience at the temple! I was grateful that I was able to go. The peace I feel there is not of this world. The second I leave the big front doors and am back on the loud streets of Philadelphia, I'm a little sad. I receive a lot of revelation while I'm in there. How to parent, how to wife, how to human. It's the best.
We took a different way to the temple this time and saw an ice cream shop and a fudge shoppe, and we determined that's where we would stop on our way home. And we did.
The hoodlums:
And the nice baby:
And we took the nice baby with us. Here's a picture of him doing what he does best while I was taking pictures of the other kids.
This week, the girls kept talking about Western Day coming up at school. I thought they made it up, and I was happy to let them dress up like cowgirls if they wanted to. Come to find out it really was Western Day, and my kids just pay better attention than I do. I actually like that a lot. If they can take care of the things like Western Day and all that jazz, I can take care of everything else.
I know--they don't look very Western. But this is what they came up in 5 minutes.
And last but certainly not least--Gwen's teacher challenged all of the kindergartners to read 100 books with a parent before the 100th day of school. Which is in February. But we love to read, and so we got it done early. I'm glad because I just want to read whatever book I want, long or short, and not have to worry about getting our number of books in.
We're reading Thanksgiving books now, and I have bought some new Christmas books we shall start soon.
Life is good, even if I never see Princeton.
The End.







I've said it a million times. "Princeton is not where you'll be going today." And I'll say it again.
ReplyDeletePS your kids are the cutest, even if they were super naughty that day. hahaha