Sunday, January 26, 2020

Full of Balogna.

We went to our town's Balogna Festival yesterday. I kept calling it a Baloney Festival and was quickly corrected to say "Buh-lone-uh". We take our balogna seriously here.

It sounded like such a quirky event, and I'm a quirky girl so I was excited.

But balogna really had very little to do with it, so I was disappointed. I guess there's a balogna eating contest in the afternoon that we missed because we went in the morning. But really, we just paid to go in and see other things that you had to pay for.

I think I was envisioning lots of samples, a weird balogna mascot, and games with a balogna theme.

There was none of that.

June had a marvelous time. There was a magic show that was so eye-roll worthy, but she laughed HYSTERICALLY at, and there was an animal show that made her the happiest she's been since . . . five minutes before at the magic show. She's really a happy girl in general so I guess that last sentence was pretty anticlimactic.


I have to give it to Magic Nick. He really handled June's spontaneous actions well. She wasn't following directions AT ALL, and I was pretty stressed that she was going to spoil his magic tricks for him.

The guy after Magic Nick was Critter Mike. And I accidentally kept calling one or the other Magic Mike. Also very stressful for me.

Critter Mike brought this bunny June was in love with. She wants a bunny very badly. She wants any pet very badly. I think Dan could be swayed, but I cannot. Am I the ice queen? Maybe. The ice queen with no pet dander, though.


And he brought snakes. June was all about it!


Lest you think I am terrible for not taking pictures of any of the other kids--they were NOT into it.

Harris did find a turtle he liked, but Gwen was rather upset that we didn't buy her the unlimited pass to go on the inflatables. We did buy her a single use ticket, but it was over too quick. I sympathize with her because once on the bounce house is pretty lame, but it's also in my genes not to buy the ripoff unlimited bounce house pass after I also paid a ripoff entry fee. Sorry world.

We came home afterward, and Gwen and I took naps. And we were both different people afterward. And I realized that she hadn't been the only cranky person that morning. We both need our sleep!

And today we went to church.


After church, Dan taught the Come Follow Me lesson, which involved this block tower. It was just TOO much for Harris. He could not NOT knock it over (double negative totally intended).


The lesson was about the Nephi's vision of the restoration of the Gospel, but it would have also worked to discuss avoiding temptation.

And we did our annual activity of making valentines for our cousins. Despite my wonderful nagging to not use all of the stickers on the first three valentines, they totally did. I need to stop nagging. I'm talking to myself. Not that I mind hearing myself talk. I'm a genius.


This card is to cousin Blythe. In the language of Gwen.


The End.

1 comment:

  1. MAGIC MIKE! I am dying. This looks like so much fun! and I'm certain Gwen speaks Russian because that note to Blythe looks like how I imagine her name would be in the Cyrillic alphabet. Genius. Also, I can't believe June is okay holding a snake. No thank you.

    ReplyDelete