Sunday, January 19, 2020

The Blog Post With Few Pictures.

Have you read The Book With No Pictures by B.J. Novak? You should. It's a real winner with the kids. Especially my kids because it has the word "butt" in it, and we don't say that word. So it always slays.

Well (or as June would say, "Welp"), I didn't take a lot of photos this week. It's been more of the same--registering for things, unpacking, organizing, etc.

It's getting a lot better, but parts of the house still look like this:


Gwen started school this week. Kindergarten is only a half-day here. That's fine with me! But Gwen was pretty bummed about it. June=homebody. Gwen=NOT a homebody.

BUT. Do you remember how bummed Gwen was that she couldn't ride the bus this year? Well in our new school district, she's a TOTAL bus rider, and she's so happy.

Her kindergarten class won a class party for good behavior, and she was able to reap the rewards of that even though she'd only been there two days. They all got to wear their pajamas to school for their party.

So here she is living her dream at the bus stop with the big kids AND wearing her unicorn pajamas.


The big kids at our stop were so nice. The fifth grade boys came up to me and asked if we were the new neighbors. I introduced Gwen and asked if they would watch out for her, and they said they would. They asked her teacher's name and reassured her that Mrs. Wolfgang (the BEST name) is the nicest teacher at the school.

June starts school this Tuesday at a different school. I was a little taken back (read: highly emotional) about this decision and prepped myself for the big talk with her. I carefully and lovingly told her she would be attending a different school, and that girl barely looked up from what she was doing, yawned, and said "ok."

Glad I'm stressed enough for all of us.

For Friday FUN Night, I rented a favorite from my childhood.


The girls loved it. We shall be renting the original soon.

The End.

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO GLAD June is taking it all okay! She's miraculous. And I LOVE that Gwen gets to ride the bus... AND what 5th grade boys even talk to ANYONE? I'm so impressed. This is amazing. What a tender mercy!!! MRS WOLFGANG.

    ReplyDelete