I took the girls to Kids Zumba on Monday. Because they are dancers at heart. And nowhere else. We really are awful dancers in my family. I sat in the corner and laughed as the coordinated teacher moved her legs, arms and body to the music, and Gwen just stood in place flapping her arms and June twirled in a circle over and over again. American Ballet here we come. Though really, after I saw Center Stage I decided against the whole ballet dream anyway. Cooper Nielsen was the worst. And also I was the worst ballerina ever. But mostly the Cooper thing.
Every night, the kids and I read books in my bed before they go to bed. Some nights we make it through a lot, and sometimes we make it through very little before everyone is like this:
Often I'm the first to fall asleep and wake up seconds later to the kids jumping on my bed and consequently my body. One of the mysteries of life is how kids who can't aim to save their life ALWAYS hit you in the crotch, gut, and neck when they jump on you.
It's a miracle I'm still alive.
The most beautiful picture is this next one, and yes I realize I haven't posted our Sunday photo yet. This is way more beautiful.
A friend from my ward is an expert organizer and agreed to take me on as a charity case. She majorly helped me out. If I have an organized pantry and organized closets, I can fly!
I felt loads of stress come off my shoulders as we organized this pantry. I also went through some of the kids' rooms. Dan and I went through everything in the basement Saturday morning. We have soooooooooooo many projects to do on this house before it can be completely organized, but I am determined.
In fact, it's my goal for March. I'm going to carry over February's goal of "listening more than I talk" because while I have made progress, I still kinda stink at it. And I want to add an organization goal. Three hours a week of a household project besides my regular cleaning. One afternoon a week starting this week and through the end of March.
This week Family Fun Movie: The Gnome Mobile.
This was my favorite movie as a little girl, and Dan pretty much detests it. But he's a good sport and watched most of it. The kids LOVED it. Honestly there isn't anything as good as the ending scene in cinema anywhere. The scene where all of the girl gnomes chase Jasper the boy gnome. If you know what I'm talking about, leave a comment. I always laugh hysterically.
We had Stake Conference last night and this morning. We hired a babysitter and went together for the adult session, which NEVER happens. It was exciting. And we went to dinner. And the restaurant messed up my order and made it really spicy. Which I cannot handle. And I stayed up really late, like past 10:00. It was a wild night for me.
So today I've been super tired and dealing with a sicky stomach and have been a total grouch. Which explains the next photos.
We were running out the door when Gwen reminded me to take a family photo. I called everyone to do it, and no one came. My patience was thin. So here's Gwen for this week's family photo.
Of course, when June realized she had missed the family photo, she raced in (shoes in hand) and freaked.
And then Harris decided to join in after all.
And I was doing all this while holding Beck in my arms, so here's a pic of Beck in close proximity, i.e. still in my arms.
The End.










That close-up of Beck is ADORABLE. I want to go to kids' zumba because I assume I might be able to just stand there confused and people won't think it's abnormal.
ReplyDelete