Sunday, February 9, 2020

Too Many Titles, Too Little Time.

I have a lot I want to say. Maybe it's because I've been trying to listen more than I talk (sidenote: I'm failing), but I feel myself needing to tell someone all the things going on in my life right now--our routines, the little phase each kid is in, the books we're reading, the movies we're watching, etc.)--that I think I'm going to try to write a little post every day this week.

But then I go back and think--why the heck would anyone want to know what movie we're watching this week? Am I a narcissist?

I remember Dr. Scoresby's Child Development class at BYU. A famous class with a famous professor. My mom took the same class with the same professor decades before.

While discussing somewhere between the toddler and tween years of life, Dr. Scoresby said that there is a phase of life kids go through where they act like their life is a tv show and that they are the star.

I never left that phase of life.

So pardon me while I bore you with a bunch of stuff that doesn't really matter and yet which I also can't bear to leave unrecorded.

But that's later this week. As for this past week:

Dan was in Cincinnati for work, leaving Monday and coming back late late late Thursday night/Friday morning.

The first day parenting solo is always tough, then I find my groove for a few days. Then the extreme exhaustion sets in, and it gets really hard again. That last day before he came home was tough. June had a doctor appointment in order to get a referral for PT to take place at her new school. 

New doctor, new registration, new introductions, new office procedures, plus all four kids. Someone get in a time machine and tell Thursday Heather not to do it.


Harris Miracle Part II took place when Harris took yet another nap and didn't wake up until we were leaving.

June got this awesome mask as part of the deal, and she has continued to wear it in public, prompting everyone to stay clear of us. I should have thought of that years ago.


Beck kept getting away from me.


June, my typically lethargic child, had HIGH ENERGY and was going 100 miles per hour. She acted like a dog, acted like the doctor, and acted everything else EXCEPT well-behaved.

Between picking her up early from school and going to the doc and back home again, we were gone 2.5 hours. And when we came home, everyone was famished. I cooked dinner and put everyone to bed early.

Have I mentioned that we live close to a train? Everyday at the YMCA, we park in this exact spot so that we can have a clear view of a train, should one come by.


If one doesn't come, Harris CRIES. If one does come, he still CRIES because he wants to see two. It's one of those lose/lose parenting situations I love so much.

We couldn't leave story time with everyone else this week because Gwen insisted on helping Ms. Cindy put every last block away. Even though I was dealing with two cranky boys, I was happy to wait. I love that Gwen is a cleaner.


And church today. We wore pink for Valentine's Day coming up. Well, Harris had a pink bow tie but wouldn't wear it because he feels like he's being strangled. Fashion, Harris! Fashion!


And no pink for Beck because he wears the same thing every single week.

The End.

2 comments:

  1. I am just as obsessed with your life as you are. I want to watch this show every day. I'd watch reruns. I'd watch archives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im going to start putting masks on peoplei encounter but don't want to talk to. I'llneedthe Costco size box please

    ReplyDelete