Sunday, July 3, 2022

Fun Heather Decides to Stay Awhile.



We all wore red, white, and blue to church today for the Fourth of July tomorrow. But, we did not sing the national anthem, and I was disappointed. Every Sunday following New Year's Day should include "Ring Out Wild Bells" and the Sunday before the Fourth of July should include "The Star Spangled Banner". 


Summer funnnnnnnnnnnn: Every year, my kids attend a Vacation Bible School. Or two. Or in this year's case: THREE. The first one was this week. June brought home this picture of her class, and I couldn't locate her for several minutes. Because she looked SO WEIRD for her photo. I cannot stop laughing. What is she doing? She said that the flashes from the camera really freaked her out. I was out of town last week for Linz's wedding (separate post forthcoming), so her hair was wild like a banshee. And there's a wet spot on her dress because . . . do I want to know? No, I do not.



More fun: Chocolate World. When Dan found out his company was only sponsoring a virtual "Take Your Kid to Work Day" this year, he asked for permission to plan an in-person day for his kids and for the kids of the people on his same team. Permission was granted, and voila! Dan planned the best day ever. All of the kids were able to go on a tour of Hershey headquarters, as well as go to Chocolate World to build their own candy bar.


When I would shadow my dad at his law firm, he would make me do loose-leaf filing.






We had a break in the middle of the fun and went to eat at our favorite local eatery, Lisa's Cafe. It's full of old people and comfort food, my kind of place.




Library Programs: If it's free, then it's for me! We have continued with all sorts of free library programs. including this special event where my kids took turns reading to a therapy dog. My kids really want a dog. I have qualms about this. I feel like my hands are really full taking care of the most wonderful and yet supremely nutty kids, so I don't know if adding a canine to the mix is something I need. But an hour where my kids can read to someone else's dog? Sign us up!



We have also had a couple of farm days. We live in rural Pennsylvania, and we have many friends who live on lots of land and have many animals. My kids love feeding chickens, collecting eggs, running around with dogs, chasing goats, and petting bunnies.




Back to those free library programs, here is a picnic we had after one of our many adventures with Go Lebanon!, the county-wide scavenger hunt.


And we have spent many, many days at Hershey Park!




I don't love amusement parks, but Dan and the kids really love Hershey Park. They love long lines to ride on swings that we have at our local park. But whatever--they are happy, and that makes me happy. Plus, everyone sleeps really well after a day at Hershey Park.

Fun Heather has had an extended stay. But! Yesterday, we cleaned all day. And I decluttered several rooms. I am starting some new projects this week. Makes me feel like myself again.


The End.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! June's pic is awesome. I have always known fun Heather!

    ReplyDelete