Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Come Take Care of Me I'm Sick.

I got hit by the flu in a major way starting last Friday night. Today is Wednesday, and I'm barely coming back to myself. I've been a mere shell of a person, descending more and more into a Shrek-and-Ursula-had-a-baby state with every raggedy breath I can muster. Dan can barely look at me, and when he does I can hear him praying under his breath. My coughing fits leave me in tears from being unable to breathe and cause the ears of all around to bleed. 

I am the Swamp Witch; hear me roar. Or wheeze.

June made these signs for me.

The door to my bedroom. I say "my" because Dan jumped ship. He decided he didn't want to share a bed with Heather's Nose Tornado.


And at the foot of my bed;

And this just lists my physical conditions, to say nothing of my mental state. 

We've managed to get math, reading lessons, and music practicing done. All of the other things will have to wait until the next life.

June has used the extra free time to write her own newspaper. She and Gwen started a publishing company called Pup-lishers (every little thing is about that ding dang dog!), and they hope to sell their works at a garage sale we are supposedly having sometime.






Many moons ago, before I got sick, I completed the Crossfit 24.1 Open Workout. It was quite horrible. And by completed, I mean the time ran out when I still had four burpees left. That's good enough for ol' me.


The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment