Monday, April 8, 2019

April 2019 General Conference

Conference weekend is the best. The absolute best.

Dan and I always discuss the themes of General Conference. Even though the speakers are not assigned topics, every conference seems to have a theme to it. We felt like this weekend's themes were missionary work and repentance. It was good for my soul.

I might be finally getting better. I went back to the doctor last week and am on several medications. They make me sleepy, but sleep is what I need. This morning, the weather was nice and I actually took the kids on a walk to the local CVS to pick up some pictures I had printed. And then Gwen, Harris and I made treats and muffins. Harris went down for his nap super easy, and it's that recurring reminder I need that if you invest in your kids, they will be better for you. Shocker, I know.

But anyway, this weekend.

We camped out downstairs and had a great time. By some miracle, the kids played well or sat by us and occasionally listened. Anytime a picture of Jesus displayed on the screen, the kids cheered. They didn't ask to watch a show the whole weekend. Don't get me wrong--they did not just sit and listen to conference. No way. But they were well-behaved and entertained themselves.

I don't know if I have ever mentioned this before, but June is really concerned about everyone loving Jesus, but more than that, loving Jesus above everyone and everything else. When you tell June you love her, she'll ask, "but not as much as you love Jesus, right?" And then she'll tell you she loves you "99" but she loves Jesus "100". And I like that.


We got comfortable at the beginning of conference but soon remembered that comfort is not helpful in attaining our goals of actually listening. We got rid of a few pillows after this kept happening.


In between the Saturday sessions, we got out of the house and went to our little town's Easter party. The girls had their faces painted,




and made headbands. Hats. Headgear. What do you call these things?


We got pictures with the man of the hour. Woman? Who knows? What do you think? Also, Dan says that he was always told that the Easter Bunny is the Easter Bunny because he can actually lay the eggs he hides for you. Which would make the Easter Bunny female. But what in the heck is that theory? Have you heard that before? I always just thought the Easter Bunny brought you eggs, but didn't actually lay them. It was an intense discussion.


Harris clearly loved his time with EB.

 Sliding down . . .
 And down!


On Sunday, more Conference, and we worked on the loom quite a bit.


We filled that whole thing up! I did the best work.

Also, in between Sunday sessions, we worked on a service project June has for school. I will write a lot more about this later, but here is what happened Sunday.


We made treats and decorated treat bags and made necklaces for some women in our ward.






Treats were delivered, and everyone was happy.

Now we are working on the poster board to be displayed at school.

Making poster boards pretty = not my thing. I was always embarrassed at how my science fair projects turned out. All my insecurities about that are coming back to haunt me this week.

The End.

2 comments:

  1. Crowns?

    Delivered, didn't lay. That's so weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember what I learned about the Easter Bunny, but I think he laid them... which makes sense anatomically, biologically, and scientifically for a rabbit in general, let alone a male. But he was male. Your girls' ponytails are #hairgoals

    ReplyDelete