Well, ("welp" if you're June), this year Gwen is FOUR. And was ready to roll. It honestly felt a little like Christmas morning here on Thursday because June was excited, and Gwen was SOOO beyond excited. Even Harris excited just because everyone else was so excited.
The girls called me into their room that morning to see their "heart pose" they had made.
Harris kept begging me to take his picture. "Cheese? Cheese" he asked, until I finally whipped out my phone and snapped a shot.
New Paw Patrol pajamas sent by his grandma. He's never seen the show and yet accumulated quite a few PP items. He's the biggest fan of the show he's never seen and insists on wearing "doggies" all of the time.
Here's Dan with the girls before embarking on their amazing day of tons of productivity for Dan. Haha not.
You can't really see it, but Gwen insisted on wearing the "I LOVE DAD" shirt that June wore to this very same event last year. I can't begin to describe to you how scarred she has been since being left behind from that event.
And the scarring continues. After a morning full of excitement and fun and pictures, Dan and the girls left, and it finally dawned on Harris that he was being left behind this year.
He even raced to get shoes on as they were leaving. Don't worry, buddy, you'll have your turn. But not next year. Sorry.
Dan's work goes all out. It's really foreign to me. I went with my dad to work once. I filed legal papers all day. Dan's company has trillions of kids come, and they provide activities and food all day long.
The girls got new "Take Your Kid to Work" day shirts and nametags and had a yummy breakfast.
Then they made slime.
And then they made stuff out of spaghetti noodles and marshmallows. I don't know what. Dan said that when they came to this room, he felt like he was in a scene of Lord of the Flies. Kids and mess everywhere. I guess they provided this environment in case my girls got homesick.
Good job, June. On whatever this is.
Harris and I had a full day of kindermusick, naps and speech therapy. And then we went to pick the girls up after they had lunch so that Dan could actually get something done that day. We got there in time for the ice cream social and then headed home. Everyone was exhausted.
This week, June and Gwen each had a birthday party they were invited to. June and Dan went to a hibachi steakhouse for a girl in her class.
Fancy! The rest of us stayed home and had leftover mac and cheese. Leftover mac and cheese. Maybe Gwen has reason to feel scarred from being left behind so much.
And then Gwen was invited to a party, but the whole family could come.
Harris rode the heck out of this rollercoaster they had set up.
We figured that after three hours of playing hard outside, plus tons of yummy food and birthday cake, the kids would be OUT for the night. Harris did not stick to this plan. He got up multiple times last night, and Dan and I were feeling it all day today at church and afterward at home.
Not surprisingly, after his terrible night of no sleep, Harris did not feel like taking pictures with us this morning.
Dan took him out during Sacrament Meeting because he was so cranky. I looked over and saw them sitting on the couch in the lobby, both asleep. And I was a little jealous.
And here's our Sunday picture for the girls. Everyone was having a rough time today. Hopefully we will do better tonight.
THE END.
















I'm over here freaking out because the floor, chairs, and tables in Dan's office are exactly what I have at mine. Must be some sort of industry standard haha. OK. Your kids are the cutest. I laughed so hard at Harris with his shoes on. Is that evil? How traumatizing. And Gwen insisting on wearing June's shirt from last year killed me too. I love this so much. I'm also jealous of the couch nap. I hope you get some sleep tonight!!!
ReplyDeletei don't think it counts as take your child to work day unless you've had the living daylights scared out of you by the living corpse that is stanley burnstein.
ReplyDelete